Specifications & Services
NEW for 2021! CCW (Coello Composite Wall) System
Step into the future of poured wall construction with the CCW system!
This high performing system will decrease build times while improving appearance and performance. This is truly a revolutionary upgrade to our Integra Foundation System. Our CCW system is over 30% stronger than walls built per code.
Minimum Basement Wall Reinforcement
- Blend of two synthetic macro fibers to produce walls stronger under compression, tension, and flexural stresses than traditionally reinforced walls
- Two diagonal rebar at each window to reduce shrinkage at bottom corners
- Inside corners have a minimum of 3 rows horizontally to increase strength against tensile forces
- Site/plan specific additions of vertical rebar where greater backfill loads and/or surcharge can be expected strategic placement of steel rebar where beneficial for better performance
Concrete Strength & Mix: Minimum of 4000 psi proprietary blend concrete designed to gain strength more quickly with reduced shrinkage cracking
Control Joints: Cast-in-Place with basement wall pour every 20’ or less. Waterstop is placed in wall at joint location or a high-grade caulk is used at exterior of joint
Minimum footing sizes: Walls 8” x 20” Interior Spread Footings 8” x 18” Column Pads 30” x 30” x 12”
Foundation Anchors: Choice of MASA Straps or 1/2” anchor bolts at 6’ o.c.
Drainage System: Form-A-Drain system forms footings while providing superior drainage
A minimum of 12″ of stone backfill is included at the time of the footing to prevent system soil contamination before backfilling and installing the basement floor
Uniform Brick Pattern: Standard to the inside of the basement, but these can be flipped to provide smooth interior basement walls upon request
Coello & Associates takes the extra steps necessary to provide you with the highest quality flatwork available in the industry. Your basement and garage floors, as well as your stoops and steps, are poured with care and an attention to detail. Only tradespersons trained to our standards can deliver the quality found in Coello & Associates flatwork.
Benefits of choosing Coello & Associates for your flatwork project are:
- 3,000 psi minimum concrete mix
- Double or triple troweled surfaces for a smooth and durable finish
- Saw-cut control joints with optional upgrade of zip-strips or hand-tooled joints
- Ample number of control joints installed
- Faces of stoops & steps are expertly troweled and finished
- Concrete is poured at a low slump to reduce cracking and help maintain concrete strength
- Skilled finishers clean up excess concrete splatter in basement after pouring
- Garage floors are hand-troweled past the garage doors to give this troublesome area greater durability
the exterior of the foundation walls. We offer both R-5 (1”) and R-10 (2”) rigid insulation with a cement based UV coating to protect the exposed insulation at the top of the basement wall.
Using exterior wall insulation rather than interior insulation only is superior for the following reasons:
- Minimized heat loss and thermal bridging
- Walls are protected from the extremes of freeze-thaw cycles
- Potential for condensation to form on walls is minimized
- Provides an additional layer of protection on walls from exterior moisture
- Reduced mold risk associated with the use of interior insulation only
- Interior space of basement is not reduced
Choose the waterproofing membrane with rigid insulation for affordable protection backed by a 15-year transferable warranty or upgrade to Tremco’s proprietary Warm-N-Dri insulating drainage board for the ultimate in waterproofing protection with a 30-year transferable warranty!
Tuff-N-Dri H8 Facts
- Delivers up to 8x more hydrostatic head resistance than other polymer-modified asphalt emulsions
- Flexible, spray-applied polymer enhanced asphalt membrane
- Helps prevent wall leaks, seepage, and interior condensation to reduce basement moisture
- Seamlessly bridges foundation shrinkage cracks
- When cured, membrane is at least 4 times thicker than a typical dampproofing application
- North America’s #1 brand for new basement waterproofing since 1997
Windows are available at the standard size of 30” x 16” or for egress use at 48” x 48”. Traditional glass block windows are also available upon request.
For a complete egress package, we can pair the window with a Quarry View Well and Cover from Monarch Materials Group.
To view available marketing materials in PDF format,
visit our Download Center
Control Joints are a way of controlling where the concrete wall or floor will crack. Because concrete is made with water, it will shrink as it dries and this is what leads to cracking. Waterstop (walls only) is placed behind the control joints to prevent water from entering at joint location.
Reinforcement refers to the steel rebar or synthetic fibers added to the wall for added strength. Careful combination of reinforcement is required to both reduce shrinkage cracking and to add the tensile strength that concrete lacks.